StAMP Brass Camp
11, 18 and 25 July 1400-1600BST
StAMP is delighted to host its first online brass camp. Join us in our immersive online learning environment and move through our virtual tents for a creative blend of work and play that will encourage and inspire you to improve. The StAMP Brass Camp is open to all brass players of any age, ability and nationality and is free to attend.
Registration has now closed.
- Led by The Wallace Collection, ensemble in residence at the Laidlaw Music Centre and special guests.
- Special guests include:
- Ian Bousfield (former principal trombone with the Vienna Philharmonic and London Symphony Orchestra)
- Professor Trevor Herbert – Royal College of Music
- Senior Research Fellow Arnold Myers – Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Marco Blaauw – trumpet soloist and member of the Ensemble Musikfabrik in Cologne
- Christine Chapman – horn soloist and member of the Ensemble Musikfabrik in Cologne
- Music Archeologist Peter Holmes
- Beginner and intermediate participants will work with Solstice Brass, an exciting new brass quintet from Glasgow.
- Sessions to include group warmups and playing of ensemble music, interspersed with inspirational short discussions around practice, and the history and science of brass instruments.
- Workshops will last 1.5 hours on each day, or longer if you wish to participate in a virtual Performance Class (places strictly limited) or attend longer discussions from guests.
- Participation is free though places are limited, please register early to avoid disappointment.
- Places are available for any child who is a complete beginner from Fife, Clackmannanshire, Perth & Kinross and Tayside, Scotland: instruments will be provided to your door free of charge. Any child who wishes to take advantage of the offer to learn a brass instrument for free in their own home should email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about this specific opportunity. Please note this offer has now closed.
- All participants will be given music appropriate to their level of playing in advance and given the opportunity to participate in a virtual concert as well as experimental online real-time performances of intuitive music.
- Quiz nights and other optional fun events will be held on Wednesdays and Fridays during the camp.