StAMP Brass Camp
StAMP hosted its first online brass camp in July, 2020. Participants from all over the world came together in an immersive online learning environment and learnt from an outstanding team of tutors and special guests:
- Led by The Wallace Collection, ensemble in residence at the Laidlaw Music Centre and special guests with support from Solstice Brass, an exciting new brass quintet from Glasgow.
- Special guests included:
- Ian Bousfield (former principal trombone with the Vienna Philharmonic and London Symphony Orchestra)
- Professor Trevor Herbert – Royal College of Music
- Senior Research Fellow Arnold Myers – Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Marco Blaauw – trumpet soloist and member of the Ensemble Musikfabrik in Cologne
- Christine Chapman – horn soloist and member of the Ensemble Musikfabrik in Cologne
- Music Archeologist Peter Holmes
- Sessions included group warmups and playing of ensemble music, interspersed with inspirational short discussions around practice, and the history and science of brass instruments.
- More than 75 Children from Fife, Clackmannanshire, Perth & Kinross and Tayside were given the opportunity to learn the natural trumpet at home.
- A series of Fringe events was also held – read more about that here.