An important aim of StAMP is to share resources and new ideas. Below is an initial selection:
- The essential elements on learning and teaching brass are all in this short document: Learn the StAMP Way – Brass Playing Made Simple.
- We have prepared a book review that connects six publications, all of which in their own way underpin our approach of making brass playing simple.
- St Andrews had an active brass band from 1879-1950. Local tenor horn player Steven Craig has written this history of the St Andrews City Brass Band as part of an ongoing project to document the history of bands in Fife. Anyone interested in the local history of brass bands may also enjoy this blog post by Sean Rippington, Digital Archives Officer at the University, about the Centenary Celebrations of the Tullis Russell Band.
- The programme for year one of the project can be viewed here. This document was prepared for school teachers.
- On 13 November, 2019, Michael Downes, Ellen Thomson, John Wallace and Bede Williams gave a public talk titled ‘Can Music Change Lives? An introduction to StAMP’. Read a paper drawn from this talk here.